About this book
The present monograph is devoted to the construction and investigation of the new high order of accuracy difference schemes of approximating the solutions of regular and singular perturbation boundary value problems for partial differential equations. The construction is based on the exact difference scheme and Taylor's decomposition on the two or three points. This approach permitted essentially to extend to a class of problems where the theory of difference methods is applicable. Namely, now it is possible to investigate the differential equations with variable coefficients and regular and singular perturbation boundary value problems. The investigation is based on new coercivity inequalities.
The book will be of value to professional mathematicians, as well as advanced students in the fields of numerical analysis, functional analysis, and ordinary and partial differential equations.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0348-7922-4
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Verlag 2004
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Basel
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-0348-9622-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-0348-7922-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site