Table of contents
About this book
The book addresses recent developments of the mathematical research on the Navier-Stokes and Euler equations
as well as on related problems. In particular, there are covered:
1) existence, uniqueness, and the regularity of weak solutions;
2) stability of the motion in rest and the asymptotic behavior of solutions;
3) singularity and blow-up of weak and strong solutions;4) vorticity and energy conservation;
5) motions of rotating fluids, or of fluids surrounding a rotating body;
6) free boundary problems;
7) maximal regularity theory and other abstract results for mathematical fluid mechanics.
For this quarter century, these topics have been playing a central role in both pure and applied mathematics
and having a great influence to the development of the functional analysis, harmonic analysis and numerical analysis whose tools make a a substantial contribution to the investigation of nonlinear partial differential equations, particularly the Navier-Stokes and the Euler equations.
There are 24 articles in this book in which the nonlinear PDE arising in the fluid mechanics are
The authors consist of speakers and participants of the
"International Conference on the Mathematical Fluid Dynamics"
on the occasion of Professor Yoshihiro Shibatas 60th birthday held
on March 5--9 in 2013 at old capital city Nara, Japan.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0348-0939-9
- Copyright Information Springer Basel 2016
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Basel
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-0348-0938-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-0348-0939-9
- Series Print ISSN 2297-0320
- Series Online ISSN 2297-0339
- Buy this book on publisher's site