Table of contents
About this book
This book presents, in a methodical way, updated and comprehensive descriptions and analyses of some of the most relevant problems in the context of fluid-structure interaction (FSI). Generally speaking, FSI is among the most popular and intriguing problems in applied sciences and includes industrial as well as biological applications. Various fundamental aspects of FSI are addressed from different perspectives, with a focus on biomedical applications. More specifically, the book presents a mathematical analysis of basic questions like the well-posedness of the relevant initial and boundary value problems, as well as the modeling and the numerical simulation of a number of fundamental phenomena related to human biology. These latter research topics include blood flow in arteries and veins, blood coagulation and speech modeling.
We believe that the variety of the topics discussed, along with the different approaches used to address and solve the corresponding problems, will help readers to develop a more holistic view of the latest findings on the subject, and of the relevant open questions. For the same reason we expect the book to become a trusted companion for researchers from diverse disciplines, such as mathematics, physics, mathematical biology, bioengineering and medicine.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0348-0822-4
- Copyright Information Springer Basel 2014
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Basel
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-0348-0821-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-0348-0822-4
- Series Print ISSN 2297-0320
- Series Online ISSN 2297-0339
- Buy this book on publisher's site