About this book
The main goal of this book is to introduce readers to functional analysis methods, in particular, time dependent analysis, for reliability models. Understanding the concept of reliability is of key importance – schedule delays, inconvenience, customer dissatisfaction, and loss of prestige and even weakening of national security are common examples of results that are caused by unreliability of systems and individuals.
The book begins with an introduction to C0-semigroup theory. Then, after a brief history of reliability theory, methods that study the well-posedness, the asymptotic behaviors of solutions and reliability indices for varied reliability models are presented. Finally, further research problems are explored.
Functional Analysis Methods for Reliability Models is an excellent reference for graduate students and researchers in operations research, applied mathematics and systems engineering.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0348-0101-0
- Copyright Information Springer Basel AG 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Basel
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-0348-0100-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-0348-0101-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site