About this book
Tropical geometry is algebraic geometry over the semifield of tropical numbers, i.e., the real numbers and negative infinity enhanced with the (max,+)-arithmetics. Geometrically, tropical varieties are much simpler than their classical counterparts. Yet they carry information about complex and real varieties.
These notes present an introduction to tropical geometry and contain some applications of this rapidly developing and attractive subject. It consists of three chapters which complete each other and give a possibility for non-specialists to make the first steps in the subject which is not yet well represented in the literature. The intended audience is graduate, post-graduate, and Ph.D. students as well as established researchers in mathematics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0346-0048-4
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Basel 2009
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Basel
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-0346-0047-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-0346-0048-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking