Table of contents
About this book
Pseudoanalytic function theory generalizes and preserves many crucial features of complex analytic function theory. The Cauchy-Riemann system is replaced by a much more general first-order system with variable coefficients which turns out to be closely related to important equations of mathematical physics. This relation supplies powerful tools for studying and solving Schrödinger, Dirac, Maxwell, Klein-Gordon and other equations with the aid of complex-analytic methods.
The book is dedicated to these recent developments in pseudoanalytic function theory and their applications as well as to multidimensional generalizations.
It is directed to undergraduates, graduate students and researchers interested in complex-analytic methods, solution techniques for equations of mathematical physics, partial and ordinary differential equations.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0346-0004-0
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Basel 2009
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Basel
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-0346-0003-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-0346-0004-0
- Series Print ISSN 1660-8046
- Buy this book on publisher's site