Table of contents
About this book
This book shares the experimental findings and views in current multidisciplinary medical science combining both basic and applied research aimed at resolving problematic health issues.
The key topics address contagious diseases, in particular the epidemiology, clinical presentation, and management of influenza and influenza-like infections as well as brain tuberculosis. Pulmonary medicine is represented by articles addressing a range of practical issues, including the diagnosis, symptoms, comorbidities, and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea, a syndrome whose incidence shows a persistent upward trend worldwide. Other articles address the pathogenesis of air pollution toxicity and allergy and sensory irritation in toxic exposure studies. An intriguing relation of atopic dermatitis to depression and serotoninergic system is debated.
The book attempts to integrate research into clinical work and to implement findings to improve care and to decrease suffering from diseases. It is dedicated to the practicing professionals, researchers, and all engaged in health care.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-50498-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-50497-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-50498-4
- Series Print ISSN 0065-2598
- Series Online ISSN 2214-8019
- Buy this book on publisher's site