Table of contents
About this book
Sustainable and Environmentally Friendly Dairy Farms presents an innovative environmental proposal. While chiefly focusing on dairy farms, the environmental solution it describes is applicable to the entire livestock sector.
The book is divided into five chapters, the first of which addresses the carbon footprint of dairy farms. Chapter two provides an overview of the animal production system, focusing on the physiology of the ruminant stomach and the greenhouse gases emitted by dairy cows. In turn, the third chapter covers dairy farm systems, explaining both intensive and extensive husbandry systems. The book’s final two chapters present the-state-of-art in CO2 capture, and describe a new and innovative CO2-RFP strategy.
Given its scope, the book will be of interest to chemists, biologists, biotechnologists, and researchers active in agriculture and food-related areas, as well as those working in the food and dairy industry.
Dairy industry and husbandry Carbon footprint Dairy environmental impact Negative Emissions Greenhouse gas control Carbon dioxide utilization Circular economy Biogenic CO2 and NH3 control
- Book Title Sustainable and Environmentally Friendly Dairy Farms
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-46060-0
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-46059-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-46060-0
- Series ISSN 2191-530X
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5318
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 112
- Number of Illustrations 7 b/w illustrations, 38 illustrations in colour
Energy Policy, Economics and Management
- Buy this book on publisher's site