About this book
Patients with psychocutaneous disease may present to multiple professionals to seek care. The multidimensional nature of the conditions can lead to specialists being fearful of how to properly manage patients. For example, a dermatologist may be unfamiliar and uncomfortable with acquiring sensitive psychosocial information and a psychiatrist may not know management protocols of wound care related to the patient’s condition. With the basic information provided in The Essentials of Psychodermatology, healthcare providers can increase their comfort and become less hesitant when making decisions in determining the proper treatment course and assessing the need for referral.
This book provides vital information for a multidisciplinary audience to spark collaboration, increased awareness, and ultimately, improved patient-care and will find audience with: Healthcare providers from multiple diverse fields such as, but not limited to, family medicine, dermatology, and psychiatry; Physicians, physician’s assistants, nurses, psychologists, and students with exposure to patients with psychocutaneous conditions and/or a special interest in the field; and Professors, educators, and researchers with an interest in psychodermatology or interdisciplinary medicine.
- Book Title The Essentials of Psychodermatology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-45582-8
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-45581-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-45584-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-45582-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIII, 128
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 34 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site