About this book
This book explores how spirituality can improve an organization’s ability to respond to a crisis. It presents biblical examples of leading during a crisis to show how faith can be relied upon to lead during crisis situations. Further, it presents examples of leaders using their faith during trying times. In recent years, organizations have begun to prepare for crises, but scholarly research has not kept up with their efforts. Exploring topics such as communication, servant leadership, and resilience, this work stakes new ground in leadership theory and will foster future research into the role of spirituality during organizational crisis.
Steve Firestone is Associate Professor in the School of Business and Leadership and is the Director of the Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership Program at Regent University, USA. His research interests include crisis leadership, the multigenerational workforce, spirituality in the workplace, and innovation leadership.
Organizational Leadership Spiritual Leadership Crisis Leadership Crisis Response Christian Leadership Strategic Planning Crisis Management organizational culture organizational resilience spirituality in the workplace crisis communication servant leadership transformational leadership
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-44955-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-44954-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-44955-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site