About this book
The book comprises a selection of 14 papers concerning the general theme of cultural conceptualizations in communication and translation, as well as in various applications of language.
Ten papers in the first part Translation and Culture cover the topics of a cognitive approach to conceptualizations of Source Language – versus Target Language – texts in translation, derived from general language, media texts, and literature.
The second part Applied Cultural Models comprises four papers discussing cultural conceptualizations of language in the educational context, particularly of Foreign Language Teaching, in online communication and communication in deaf communities.
Language and culture interfaces Inter-cultural influences represented in language and literature Language education Translation Cultural conceptualizations
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Cultural Conceptualizations in Translation and Language Applications
- Series Title Second Language Learning and Teaching
- Series Abbreviated Title Second Language Learning,Teaching
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-43336-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-43335-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-43338-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-43336-9
- Series ISSN 2193-7648
- Series E-ISSN 2193-7656
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 261
- Number of Illustrations 24 b/w illustrations, 22 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site