Table of contents
About this book
Proliferation of Internet of Things (IoT) enabled rapid enhancements for the applications not only in home and environment scenarios, but also in factory automation. Now, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) offers all the advantages of IoT to the industrial scenarios, applications ranging from remote sensing and actuating to de-centralization and autonomy.
In this book, the editor aims at presenting the IIoT and its place during the industrial revolution (Industry 4.0), while they are taking us to a better, sustainable, automated and safer world. The book covers the cross relations and implications of IIoT with existing wired/wireless communication/networking and safety technologies of the Industrial Networks. Moreover, practical use-case scenarios from the industry, for the application of IIoT on smart factories, smart cities and smart grid are presented. Especially, IoT-driven advances in commercial and industrial building lighting and in street lighting are presented as a specific example to shed light on the application domain of IIoT.
The state of the art in Industrial Automation is also presented not only to give a better understanding of the enabling technologies, potential advantages and challenges of the Industry 4.0 and IIoT but also to foster interest on exploring this promising area.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Industrial IoT
- Book Subtitle Challenges, Design Principles, Applications, and Security
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-42500-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-42499-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-42502-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-42500-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXI, 241
- Number of Illustrations 31 b/w illustrations, 56 illustrations in colour
Computer Communication Networks
Cyber-physical systems, IoT
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet)
Special Purpose and Application-Based Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site