Table of contents
About this book
This book unites two fast-developing forms of control—vision-based control and fractional-order control—and applies them in mechatronic systems.
Image-Based and Fractional-Order Control for Mechatronic Systems is presented in two parts covering the theory and applications of the subject matter. The theoretical material presents the concepts of visual servoing and image-based feature extraction for feedback loops and fractional-order control. It discusses a range of systems from the classic monocular camera to new RGB-D sensors. The applications part of the book first discusses practical issues with the implementation of fractional-order control, comparing them with more traditional integer-order PID systems. The authors then introduce real-life examples such as a manipulator robot and a Stewart platform and results generated from such systems.
MATLAB® functions and source codes are included wherever relevant to help readers develop simulations based on the theoretical ideas and practical examples in the text. Suggestions for the use of other pertinent open-source software are also indicated with the places where such may be obtained.
With its combination of theoretical ideas and practical examples, Image-Based and Fractional-Order Control for Mechatronic Systems will be of interest to academic researchers looking to develop the fields of vision-based and fractional-order control and to engineers who are looking for developments that will help them provide closer control of their plants than can be achieved with integer-order PID.
Advances in Industrial Control reports and encourages the transfer of technology in control engineering. The rapid development of control technology has an impact on all areas of the control discipline. The series offers an opportunity for researchers to present an extended exposition of new work in all aspects of industrial control.
- Book Title Image-Based and Fractional-Order Control for Mechatronic Systems
- Book Subtitle Theory and Applications with MATLAB®
- Series Title Advances in Industrial Control
- Series Abbreviated Title Advances in Industrial Control
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-42006-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics Intelligent Technologies and Robotics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-42005-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-42008-6
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-42006-2
- Series ISSN 1430-9491
- Series E-ISSN 2193-1577
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 206
- Number of Illustrations 27 b/w illustrations, 93 illustrations in colour
Control and Systems Theory
Manufacturing, Machines, Tools, Processes
- Buy this book on publisher's site