Table of contents
About this book
This book covers multifaceted aspects of sustainable energy solutions for remote areas in the tropics, particularly focusing on Southeast Asia. With insights from both the academic world and real-life implementation, readers will gain an overview of the range of energy problems currently facing the remote tropics, and what potential solutions are available.
The book provides a detailed overview of various energy needs in the Southeast Asian tropics, a region where a significant portion of the population still lives without access to electricity. It not only addresses technical solutions to the energy problems but also tackles the social and wider implications, offering readers a more holistic understanding of the potential held by renewable energy.
The chapters are structured to present first an overview of the problem at hand, and then a description of the technologies that could potentially solve it. Applications of the technologies; business models that are now available or being developed; the impact of the technologies; and future, more sustainable solutions are all discussed.
Given its in-depth analysis, the book will be of interest to energy professionals in the tropics, energy policymakers, and students studying sustainable energy.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Sustainable Energy Solutions for Remote Areas in the Tropics
- Series Title Green Energy and Technology
- Series Abbreviated Title Green Energy,Technology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-41952-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-41951-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-41954-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-41952-3
- Series ISSN 1865-3529
- Series E-ISSN 1865-3537
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVII, 273
- Number of Illustrations 18 b/w illustrations, 130 illustrations in colour
Renewable and Green Energy
Energy Policy, Economics and Management
- Buy this book on publisher's site