About this book
This updated and revised second edition of “Alcohol and Tobacco” reflects the new ICD 11 and DSM V classifications and provides comprehensive descriptions of new therapeutic approaches, outlining the different interactions between personality, environment and the effects of the respective substance.
In addition to new data on prevention-based therapies, especially for smoking addiction, the book also presents essential psychological and sociological strategies, and medication-based therapies. Particular attention is given to new medications and new compounds for e-cigarettes, while a broad overview of the American and European epidemiology of alcohol and nicotine addictions rounds out the coverage.
Given the breadth and depth of its coverage, the book will appeal to a wide readership, from professionals to researchers and students.
- Book Title Alcohol and Tobacco
- Book Subtitle Medical and Sociological Aspects of Use, Abuse and Addiction
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-41941-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-41940-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-41943-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-41941-7
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XXIV, 391
- Number of Illustrations 119 b/w illustrations, 9 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site