Table of contents
About this book
This edited collection explores Positive Sociology of Leisure (PSL) as a subfield relating to leisure studies, sociology of leisure, and sociology of happiness.
Defined as an area of research that examines social aspects of leisure life with a focus on the optimal functioning of relationship, group, community, organization, and other social units, PSL differs from more critical forms of sociology in that its starting point is social positives.
The contributions draw on a range of diverse disciplinary backgrounds to consider various meanings of leisure across themes such as: ageing; sex, sexuality and family; community, youth, and education; and arts and creativity.
Positive Sociology of Leisure will be a key reference within the field of sociology of leisure, as well as an important introductory book for those interested in leisure studies.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-41812-0
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Social Sciences Social Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-41811-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-41812-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site