About this book
The current policing landscape has seen the rise in serious and organized crime across the globe. Criminals are innovating in real-time leveraging cyber, social media, enhanced surveillance to support their activities. In so doing, the criminal landscape has become transnational whereby collaborative networks have flourished thereby creating greater complexity and novel threats for the international policing community.
As new threats to local, regional, national and global security are emerging, leveraging science and technology innovations has become more important. Advances in big data analytics, cyber forensics, surveillance, modeling and simulation has led to a more data driven, hypothesis generated and model informed approach. Novel science and technology innovations are presented in this edited book to provide insights and pathways that challenges the emerging and complex criminal threat landscape by supporting policing operations.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-41287-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology Law and Criminology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-41286-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-41287-6
- Series Print ISSN 1613-5113
- Series Online ISSN 2363-9466
- Buy this book on publisher's site