About this book
This book presents readers with an integrated modeling approach for analyzing and understanding the interconnection of water, energy, and food resources and discusses the relationship between resilience and sustainability of the food- energy –water (FEW) system. Authors provide novel frameworks, models, and algorithms designed to balance the theoretical and applicative aspects of each chapter. The book covers an integrated modeling approach for FEW systems along with developed methods, codes, and planning tools for designing interdependent energy, water and food systems. In-depth chapters discuss the impact of renewable energy resources in FEW systems, sustainable design and operation, net zero energy buildings, and challenges and opportunities of the FEW nexus in the sustainable development of different countries. This book is useful for graduate students, researchers, and engineers seeking to understand how sustainable FEW systems contribute to the resilience of these systems and help policy and design makers allocate and prioritize resources in an integrated manner across the food, energy, and water sectors.
- An integrated modeling approach for analyzing and understanding the interconnection of water, energy, and food resources.
- Contains novel frameworks, models, and algorithms.
- Includes case studies to enhance practical applications.
Net zero energy building Sustainable design Sustainable development Renewable energy System resilience Optimal operation of FEW systems Interdependent energy, water, and food systems Water desalination systems Nexus management
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Food-Energy-Water Nexus Resilience and Sustainable Development
- Book Subtitle Decision-Making Methods, Planning, and Trade-Off Analysis
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-40052-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-40051-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-40054-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-40052-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 358
- Number of Illustrations 16 b/w illustrations, 120 illustrations in colour
Renewable and Green Energy
Water Policy/Water Governance/Water Management
Sustainable Architecture/Green Buildings
- Buy this book on publisher's site