Table of contents
About this book
In this book, experts in the field discuss the latest research in developmental neuroendocrinology.
Given that the hypothalamus is the center of neuroendocrine activity, the reader will learn about the molecular specification of hypothalamic cells, developmental modulators and epigenetic factors influencing hypothalamic development, and the development of neuroendocrine circuits. Each chapter provides a concise review of the current and future perspectives in developmental neuroendocrinology. Important insights into state-of-the-art techniques applied to functional circuit tracking, lineage tracing of hypothalamic cells, and the identification of genes altered through epigenetic mechanisms are also provided.
Given its scope, the book will appeal to all students and researchers who are eager to understand the processes involved in hypothalamus development and the establishment of neuroendocrine circuits.
This is the ninth volume in the International Neuroendocrine Federation (INF) Masterclass in Neuroendocrinology series* that aims to illustrate highest standards and encourage the use of the latest technologies in basic and clinical research and hopes to provide inspiration for further exploration into the exciting field of neuroendocrinology.
*Volumes 1-7 published by Wiley.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Developmental Neuroendocrinology
- Series Title Masterclass in Neuroendocrinology
- Series Abbreviated Title Masterclass in Neuroendocrinology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-40002-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-40001-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-40004-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-40002-6
- Series ISSN 2662-2068
- Series E-ISSN 2662-2076
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 468
- Number of Illustrations 8 b/w illustrations, 77 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site