Table of contents
About this book
Calling for more cooperation between China and the west, this new book by noted author and educator Cary Krosinsky provides readers with an on-the-ground perspective of what’s really happening in China today on the back of its recent economic rise, its desire and need to solve environmental challenges and the new positive dynamic created by its need for foreign capital.
In doing so, Krosinsky and his colleagues from the Sustainable Finance Institute and Brown University highlight how China has recaptured its role as a leader in innovation, arguing that current approaches to the relationship hinder global progress on issues such as climate change, inequality, air pollution, food integrity and water security and pushes back on confrontational approaches and attempts to clarify misperceptions about contemporary China.
China’s recent rise includes becoming a global leader on green policy and green finance, as it is increasingly leading the way towards modernization through innovation strategies focused on infrastructure, education, healthcare and aspects of clean energy technology, leading to opportunities across private equity, venture capital and green bonds. This creates an exciting opportunity for positive change, with environmental challenges becoming more salient to its own population, adding pressure on the government to provide solutions. China changes faster than any country in the world, creating an opportunity for meaningful, ongoing, positive transitions.
Modern China is a call for more cooperation, and makes a clear, cogent case for collaboration in the face of current confrontational approaches. At the same time, dire environmental and social circumstances require an all-hands-on-deck approach. This book provides specific examples of what’s working and what’s needed to compete and thrive in this new paradigm through trusted relationships placed front and center for the future of economies and the betterment of global society.
- Book Title Modern China
- Book Subtitle Financial Cooperation for Solving Sustainability Challenges
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-39204-8
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-39203-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-39206-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-39204-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXI, 243
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 17 illustrations in colour
History of China
Business and Management, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking