About this book
Enterprise ontology is one of the conceptual pillars of enterprise engineering, next to enterprise design and enterprise governance, together accomplishing the goals of intellectual manageability, organisational concinnity and social devotion. By revealing the essence of an enterprise’s organisation, enterprise ontology addresses business processes, data and rules in a fundamental and truly integrated way. In addition, it provides deep insight into and broad overview over complex organisational transformations.
The book is divided into three parts. Part A is an introduction in enterprise engineering and enterprise ontology. Part B explores the theories underlying enterprise ontology, explaining the foundations of each theory, the elaborations in practical methods and techniques, and the relationships with other comparable approaches. Part C presents the practical application of the theories. It includes a comprehensive summary of the DEMO methodology and the DEMO specification language, as well as exercises and applications of DEMO in various business areas. It also features a chapter on combining DEMO with comparable approaches to modelling business processes, data and rules, to the benefit of the latter.
Discussing the theoretical foundations of enterprise ontology and its practical applications in equal measure, this book is the principal textbook in courses on enterprise engineering. Since it unites elements from management science and information systems engineering, it is also relevant to students and professionals in either field.
Enterprise Engineering EIS – Enterprise Information Systems Enterprise Modeling Conceptual Modeling Enterprise Ontologies Taxonomies and Vocabularies
- Book Title Enterprise Ontology
- Book Subtitle A Human-Centric Approach to Understanding the Essence of Organisation
- Series Title The Enterprise Engineering Series
- Series Abbreviated Title Enterprise Engineering Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-38854-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-38853-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-38856-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-38854-6
- Series ISSN 1867-8920
- Series E-ISSN 1867-8939
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIV, 465
- Number of Illustrations 79 b/w illustrations, 191 illustrations in colour
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet)
Computer Appl. in Administrative Data Processing
- Buy this book on publisher's site