About this book
This book addresses the major challenges in realizing unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in IoT-based Smart Cities. The challenges tackled vary from cost and energy efficiency to availability and service quality. The aim of this book is to focus on both the design and implementation aspects of the UAV-based approaches in IoT-enabled smart cities’ applications that are enabled and supported by wireless sensor networks, 5G, and beyond. The contributors mainly focus on data delivery approaches and their performability aspects. This book is meant for readers of varying disciplines who are interested in implementing the smart planet/environments vision via wireless/wired enabling technologies.
- Involves the most up to date unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) assessment and evaluation approaches
- Includes innovative operational ideas in agriculture, surveillance, rescue, etc.
- Pertains researchers, scientists, engineers and practitioners in the field of smart cities, IoT, and communications
Fadi Al-Turjman received his Ph.D. from Queen’s University, Canada. He is a full professor and a research center director at Near East University, Nicosia. He is a leading authority in the area of IoT and intelligent systems. His publication history spans over 250 publications in addition to his editorialship in top journals such as the IEEE Communication Surveys and Tutorials, and the Elsevier Sustaibable Cities and Society.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Smart Cities
- Series Title Unmanned System Technologies
- Series Abbreviated Title Unmanned Syst. Tech.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-38712-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-38711-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-38714-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-38712-9
- Series ISSN 2523-3734
- Series E-ISSN 2523-3742
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 187
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 54 illustrations in colour
Cyber-physical systems, IoT
Robotics and Automation
Communications Engineering, Networks
Computer Communication Networks
- Buy this book on publisher's site