About this book
This book exploits the benefits of integration of wireless sensor networks (WSN) and Internet of Things (IoT) for smart cities. The authors discuss WSN and IoT in tackling complex computing tasks and challenges in the fields of disaster relief, security, and weather forecasting (among many others). This book highlights the challenges in the field of quality of service metrics (QoS) in the WSN based IoT applications. Topics include IoT Applications for eHealth, smart environments, intelligent transportation systems, delay tolerant models for IoT applications, protocols and architectures for industrial IoT, energy efficient protocols, and much more. Readers will get to know the solutions of these problems for development of smart city applications with the integration of WSN with IoT.
- Discusses the benefits of integration of wireless sensor networks (WSN) and Internet of Things (IoT) for smart cities;
- Provides tools for the challenges faced by the researchers in the integration of WSN and IoT;
- Presents a solution for the problems in the connectivity and communication of heterogeneous devices.
WSN integrated IoT applications IoT Applications for eHealth IoT Applications for smart cities Wireless Communication protocols for smart environments Energy optimization and security for smart environments
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-38516-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-38515-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-38516-3
- Series Print ISSN 2522-8595
- Series Online ISSN 2522-8609
- Buy this book on publisher's site