About this book
This book examines key issues in international digital marketing in China from a theoretical and empirical perspective. Divided into two main parts, it begins with an analysis of China’s cultural characteristics and business environment, with a particular emphasis on the Chinese digital context. The book goes on to present original empirical studies and an investigation into recent challenges and opportunities for international firms in the fashion sector.
With nearly 900 million internet users and an e-commerce market volume of over one thousand billion US dollars, China is the world's largest digital market. While this creates significant opportunities for international firms, there are many factors to consider when approaching this market. In order to understand the Chinese digital scenario, the book analyzes the characteristics of local internet platforms and consumer patterns.
The book also presents a real-world case study on a luxury retail firm operating in China,
Florentia Village, and the results from a questionnaire on Chinese mobile shoppers. On this basis, it provides a conceptual framework and discusses the theoretical and managerial implications for international firms operating in China, making it an enlightening book for scholars, students, and practitioners alike.
Lala Hu is Assistant Professor of Marketing at the Catholic University of Milan, Italy, where she teaches Marketing, Marketing Management, and International Marketing. Previously, Dr. Hu was Postdoctoral Researcher and Adjunct Professor at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice.
She has been a Visiting Scholar at several universities worldwide, including the Kellogg School of Management (Northwestern University, USA), Tongji University (Shanghai), and UIBE Beijing. She has been an Invited Lecturer at King’s College London, Department of Digital Humanities.Her research has been published in book chapters and peer-reviewed journals, including the European Business Review, the British Food Journal, the International Journal of Emerging Markets, and the Australasian Marketing Journal. She also writes for the online editions of WIRED and the leading Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera.
- Book Title International Digital Marketing in China
- Book Subtitle Regional Characteristics and Global Challenges
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-38160-8
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-38159-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-38162-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-38160-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 99
- Number of Illustrations 5 b/w illustrations, 5 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking