About this book
We propose to move the discussion from Experience towards Engagement, to emphasize the design of the relationship between artefacts, contexts and users. Engagement asks for a more concrete type of experience, with specific needs, motives, skills and competences, which can be more clearly worked into the design of artefacts. Engagement also differs from other concepts e.g. fun, enjoyment, happiness or well-being and is open enough to grant freedom to designers in creating their personal world views.
To push this new approach, we offer in this book a full model for the design of engagement in interactive media, still believing it can be applied beyond that. The model is arranged around what we call the three engagement streams: Progression, Expression and Relation.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-37085-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-37084-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-37085-5
- Series Print ISSN 1571-5035
- Series Online ISSN 2524-4477
- Buy this book on publisher's site