Table of contents
About this book
This book explores climate services, including projections, descriptive information, analyses, assessments, and an overview of current trends.
Due to the pressures now being put on the world’s climate, it is vital to gather and share reliable climate observation and projection data, which may be tailored for use by different groups. In other words, it is essential to offer climate services. But despite the growth in the use of these services, there are very few specialist publications on this topic. This book addresses that need.
Apart from presenting studies and the results of research projects, the book also offers an overview of the wide range of means available for providing and using climate services. In addition, it features case studies that provide illustrative and inspiring examples of how climate services can be optimally deployed.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Handbook of Climate Services
Walter Leal Filho
- Series Title Climate Change Management
- Series Abbreviated Title Climate Change Management
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-36875-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-36874-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-36877-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-36875-3
- Series ISSN 1610-2002
- Series E-ISSN 1610-2010
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 519
- Number of Illustrations 15 b/w illustrations, 87 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site