About this book
Most of us would recognize a star leader by their charisma, emotional intelligence and public communication prowess. What is truly impressive but often overlooked is the silent work of leadership that garners real results. Exercising influence in a complex and global organization – whilst also shaping and executing strategies across borders in a disruptive age – is the true mark of success as a leader. Backstage Leadership takes a comprehensive look at the background processes that leaders must master in order to shape the culture, direction and capability of a successful company. With an emphasis on strategy, the author provides an integrated toolkit for developing your knowledge and skills as a ‘backstage leader.’ You will learn how to:
- Mobilize people towards new strategic directions
- Scan your business environment for threats and disruptive forces
- Diagnose and help to shape the culture of your organization
- Develop talent and capabilities towards a specific goal.
Focusing on the key and consistent underlying processes of leadership, this book is essential reading for managers who wish to bring focus and coherence to their leadership role and integrate themselves within the engine of the organization.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-36171-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-36170-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-36171-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site