Table of contents
About this book
Topics featured in this book include:
- The link between cultural differences in academic success to parents’ academic socialization practices.
- The impact of culturally-specific parental engagement in positive developmental outcomes in children.
- Transgender children and their parents.
- The relationship between religious and secular values and their influence on creating polygamous teenagers.
- How to implement a micro-cultural lens to studying parent-child relationships during emerging adulthood.
- Differences and similarities in grandparenting among different cultures.
Parents and Caregivers Across Cultures is a must-have resource for researchers, professors, graduate students as well as clinicians, professionals, and policymakers in the fields of developmental and cross-cultural psychology, parenting and family studies, social work, and related disciplines.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Parents and Caregivers Across Cultures
- Book Subtitle Positive Development from Infancy Through Adulthood
Brien K. Ashdown
Amanda N. Faherty
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-35590-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-35589-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-35592-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-35590-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 307
- Number of Illustrations 3 b/w illustrations, 7 illustrations in colour
Cross Cultural Psychology
- Buy this book on publisher's site