Table of contents
About this book
This book explores the workplace experiences, opportunities, and challenges that emerge from the nuances of diversity and inclusion dynamics in Latin American and Caribbean countries. While the first part of the book addresses emerging frameworks on diversity and inclusion in Latin America by examining the effects of history, traditions, and cultural differences, the second part offers case studies of country-specific actualities. The authors highlight that despite the many shared cultural aspects of the region, it is not homogeneous and there are significant differences from place to place. It follows then that a variety of cultural differences implies a variety of approaches to workplace values, and more specifically, to the understanding of diversity and inclusion. Examining topics such as gender identity, disability, and racial gaps in countries throughout the region, this book offers scholars a fresh perspective on an emerging region.
Carlos Tasso Eira de Aquino is Executive Director of the Center for Professional Studies and Continuing Education at the United States Sports Academy, USA.
Ronald R. Rojas is Managing Director of the PRISM Leadership Consulting Group and Adjunct Instructor at St Vincent de Paul Regional Seminary, USA.
Diversity in the Workplace Workforce Diversity Cross-Cultural Management Women Entrepreneurs Gender Toxic Leadership Identity Inclusion Latin America Caribbean International Markets
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Diversity and Inclusion in Latin American and Caribbean Workplaces
- Book Subtitle Experiences, Opportunities, and Challenges
Carlos Tasso Eira de Aquino
Ronald R. Rojas
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-35419-0
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-35418-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-35421-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-35419-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 218
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 6 illustrations in colour
Diversity Management/Women in Business
- Buy this book on publisher's site