Table of contents
About this book
The book provides an encompassing overview of all aspects relating to the sharing economy paradigm in different fields of study, and shows the ongoing research efforts in filling previously identified gaps in understanding in this area. Control and optimization analytics for the sharing economy explores bespoke analytics, tools, and business models that can be used to help design collaborative consumption services (the shared economy). It provides case studies of collaborative consumption in the areas of energy and mobility.
The contributors review successful examples of sharing systems, and explore the theory for designing effective and stable shared-economy models. They discuss recent innovations in and uses of shared economy models in niche areas, such as energy and mobility. Readers learn the scientific challenging issues associated with the realization of a sharing economy. Conceptual and practical matters are examined, and the state-of-the-art tools and techniques to address such applications are explained. The contributors also show readers how topical problems in engineering, such as energy consumption in power grids, or bike sharing in transportation networks, can be formulated and solved from a general collaborative consumption perspective.
Since the book takes a mathematical perspective to the topic, researchers in business, computer science, optimization and control find it useful. Practitioners also use the book as a point of reference, as it explores and investigates the analytics behind economy sharing.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Analytics for the Sharing Economy: Mathematics, Engineering and Business Perspectives
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-35032-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics Intelligent Technologies and Robotics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-35031-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-35034-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-35032-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VI, 348
- Number of Illustrations 15 b/w illustrations, 64 illustrations in colour
Control and Systems Theory
Systems Theory, Control
Operations Research, Management Science
Renewable and Green Energy
- Buy this book on publisher's site