Table of contents
About this book
This book presents the parameters of Mastery Learning (ML), an especially stringent variety of competency-based education that guides students to acquire essential knowledge and skill, measured rigorously against a minimum passing standard (MPS). As both a scholarly resource and a teaching tool, this is a “how to” book that serves as a resource for a wide variety of health professions educators.
A seminal source of information and practical advice about ML, this book divided into five parts: Clinical Education in the Health Professions, The Mastery Learning Model, Mastery Learning in Action, Transfer of Training from Mastery Learning and The Road Ahead. Complete with high-quality images and tables, chapters take an in-depth look into ML principles and practices across the health professions. Specific educational content instructs readers on how to build and present ML curricula, evaluate short and long-run results, conduct learner debriefing and give powerful feedback, set learner achievement standards, and prepare faculty for new educational roles.
An invaluable addition to the Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation Series, Mastery Learning in Health Professions Education is written and edited by leaders in the field for practicing clinicians in a variety of health professions.
comprehensive healthcare simulation health professions education healthcare simulation healthcare simulation educator mastery learning mastery learning model mastery learning approach mastery learning in healthcare
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Mastery Learning in Health Professions Education
William C. McGaghie
Jeffrey H. Barsuk
Diane B. Wayne
- Series Title Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation
- Series Abbreviated Title Compr. Healthc. Simul.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-34811-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-34810-6
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-34811-3
- Series ISSN 2366-4479
- Series E-ISSN 2366-4487
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVII, 399
- Number of Illustrations 13 b/w illustrations, 31 illustrations in colour
Intensive / Critical Care Medicine
- Buy this book on publisher's site