About this book
This book presents deep analysis of machine control for different applications, focusing on its implementation in embedded systems. Necessary peripherals for various microcontroller families are analysed for machine control and software architecture patterns for high-quality software development processes in motor control units are described. Abundant figures help the reader to understand the theoretical, simulation and practical implementation stages of machine control. Model-based design, used as a mathematical and visual approach to construction of complex control algorithms, code generation that eliminates hand-coding errors, and co-simulation tools such as Simulink, PSIM and finite element analysis are discussed. The simulation and verification tools refine, and retest the models without having to resort to prototype construction. The book shows how a voltage source inverter can be designed with tricks, protection elements, and space vector modulation.
Practical Control of Electric Machines: Model-Based Design and Simulation is based on the author’s experience of a wide variety of systems in domestic, automotive and industrial environments, and most examples have implemented and verified controls. The text is ideal for readers looking for an insight into how electric machines play an important role in most real-life applications of control. Practitioners and students preparing for a career in control design applied in electric machines will benefit from the book’s easily understood theoretical approach to complex machine control. The book contains mathematics appropriate to various levels of experience, from the student to the academic and the experienced professional.
Advances in Industrial Control reports and encourages the transfer of technology in control engineering. The rapid development of control technology has an impact on all areas of the control discipline. The series offers an opportunity for researchers to present an extended exposition of new work in all aspects of industrial control.
Motor Control Electric Machines Control Algorithms Embedded Systems for Motor Control Model-Based Design Drive Systems Power Electronics Vector Control Automotive GTM Timer Fuzzy Logic Embedded Coder
- Book Title Practical Control of Electric Machines
- Book Subtitle Model-Based Design and Simulation
- Series Title Advances in Industrial Control
- Series Abbreviated Title Advances in Industrial Control
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-34758-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics Intelligent Technologies and Robotics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-34757-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-34760-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-34758-1
- Series ISSN 1430-9491
- Series E-ISSN 2193-1577
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVII, 622
- Number of Illustrations 154 b/w illustrations, 370 illustrations in colour
Control and Systems Theory
Power Electronics, Electrical Machines and Networks
- Buy this book on publisher's site