About this book
Today’s real-world problems and applications in sensory systems and target detection require efficient, comprehensive and fault-tolerant multi-sensor allocation. This book presents the theory and applications of novel methods developed for such sophisticated systems. It discusses the advances in multi-agent systems and AI along with collaborative control theory and tools. Further, it examines the formulation and development of an allocation framework for heterogeneous multi-sensor systems for various real-world problems that require sensors with different performances to allocate multiple tasks, with unknown a priori priorities that arrive at unknown locations at unknown time. It demonstrates how to decide which sensor to allocate to which tasks when and where. Lastly, it explains the reliability and availability issues of task allocation systems, and includes methods for their optimization.
The presented methods are explained, measured, and evaluated by extensive simulations, and the results of these simulations are presented in this book.
This book is an ideal resource for academics, researchers and graduate students as well as engineers and professionals and is relevant for various applications such as sensor network design, multi-agent systems, task allocation, target detection, and team formation.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-34735-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics Intelligent Technologies and Robotics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-34734-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-34735-2
- Series Print ISSN 2193-472X
- Series Online ISSN 2193-4738
- Buy this book on publisher's site