About this book
Since 1950, the Highway Capacity Manual has been a standard used in the planning, design, analysis, and operation of virtually any highway traffic facility in the United States. It has also been widely used around the globe and has inspired the development of similar manuals in other countries.
This book is Volume II of a series on the conceptual and research origins of the methodologies found in the Highway Capacity Manual. It focuses on the most complex points in a traffic system: signalized and unsignalized intersections, and the concepts and methodologies developed over the years to model their operations. It also includes an overview of the fundamental concepts of capacity and level of service, particularly as applied to intersections.
The historical roots of the manual and its contents are important to understanding current methodologies, and improving them in the future. As such, this book is a valuable resource for current and future users of the Highway Capacity Manual, as well as researchers and developers involved in advancing the state-of-the-art in the field.
Bottleneck Causes Dynamic Traffic Assignment Highway Capacity Analysis Highway Capacity Manual Highway Traffic Analysis Interrupted Flow Traffic Research Bureau Traffic Studies
- Book Title The Highway Capacity Manual: A Conceptual and Research History Volume 2
- Book Subtitle Signalized and Unsignalized Intersections
- Series Title Springer Tracts on Transportation and Traffic
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Tracts on Transportation, Traffic
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-34480-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-34478-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-34480-1
- Series ISSN 2194-8119
- Series E-ISSN 2194-8127
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXX, 395
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Engineering Economics, Organization, Logistics, Marketing
Mathematical and Computational Engineering
Statistical Physics and Dynamical Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site