About this book
This book provides the reader with the fundamental knowledge in the area of deep learning with application to visual content mining. The authors give a fresh view on Deep learning approaches both from the point of view of image understanding and supervised machine learning.
It contains chapters which introduce theoretical and mathematical foundations of neural networks and related optimization methods. Then it discusses some particular very popular architectures used in the domain: convolutional neural networks and recurrent neural networks.
Deep Learning is currently at the heart of most cutting edge technologies. It is in the core of the recent advances in Artificial Intelligence. Visual information in Digital form is constantly growing in volume. In such active domains as Computer Vision and Robotics visual information understanding is based on the use of deep learning. Other chapters present applications of deep learning for visual content mining. These include attention mechanisms in deep neural networks and application to digital cultural content mining. An additional application field is also discussed, and illustrates how deep learning can be of very high interest to computer-aided diagnostics of Alzheimer’s disease on multimodal imaging.
This book targets advanced-level students studying computer science including computer vision, data analytics and multimedia. Researchers and professionals working in computer science, signal and image processing may also be interested in this book.
Artificial Intelligence Supervised Machine Learning Deep Learning Artificial Neural Networks Convolutional Neural Networks Recurrent Neural Networks Long Short-Term Memory Hidden Markov Chains Data Mining Optimization Methods Computer Vision Domain Knowledge Objects Recognition Visual Indexing
- Book Title Deep Learning in Mining of Visual Content
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Computer Science
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs Computer Sci.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-34376-7
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-34375-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-34376-7
- Series ISSN 2191-5768
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5776
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 110
- Number of Illustrations 21 b/w illustrations, 25 illustrations in colour
Computer Imaging, Vision, Pattern Recognition and Graphics
Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Buy this book on publisher's site