Table of contents
About this book
This monograph is a comprehensive and cohesive exposition of power-law statistics. Following a bottom-up construction from a foundational bedrock – the power Poisson process – this monograph presents a unified study of an assortment of power-law statistics including: Pareto laws, Zipf laws, Weibull and Fréchet laws, power Lorenz curves, Lévy laws, power Newcomb-Benford laws, sub-diffusion and super-diffusion, and 1/f and flicker noises.
The bedrock power Poisson process, as well as the assortment of power-law statistics, are investigated via diverse perspectives: structural, stochastic, fractal, dynamical, and socioeconomic.
This monograph is poised to serve researchers and practitioners – from various fields of science and engineering – that are engaged in analyses of power-law statistics.
- Book Title Power Laws
- Book Subtitle A Statistical Trek
- Series Title Understanding Complex Systems
- Series Abbreviated Title Understanding Complex Systems
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-33235-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-33234-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-33235-8
- Series ISSN 1860-0832
- Series E-ISSN 1860-0840
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 203
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Statistical Physics and Dynamical Systems
Statistical Theory and Methods
- Buy this book on publisher's site