Table of contents
About this book
This book provides a quantitative, cross-nationally comparative, longitudinal, and multilevel study of the drivers and spoilers of national governments’ anti-trafficking measures. Both macro-level determinants of anti-trafficking enforcement and micro-level foundations of human trafficking are unfolded and explored. Large-N comparative research examines how characteristics of countries interact with people’s attitudes towards violence to better understand what creates environments that are more or less supportive of governments’ anti-trafficking efforts. The results presented in the book are highly relevant from the perspectives of global governance and human rights protection.
Maria Ravlik is a postdoctoral researcher at the Center for the Study of Democracy at Leuphana University, Germany. She is also affiliated as an associate researcher at the Laboratory for Comparative Social Research (the Higher School of Economics) in Russia. The author has published research covering various topics from international migration, anti-trafficking legislation, gender equality to democracy, societal development, and good governance.
anti-trafficking enforcement data quantitative research global indices hindrances to effective anti-trafficking enforcement triangulated nexus of anti-trafficking enforcement organized crime human rights violations corruption 3P Index trafficking scale government response to modern slavery index external validity test gender inequality international law political culture state capacity liberal democracy ordinal regressions panel regressions tolerance of violence
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-33204-4
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-33203-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-33204-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site