Table of contents
About this book
This book describes and analyses the diversity of possible approaches and policy pathways to implement sustainable groundwater development, based on a comparative analysis of numerous quantitative management case studies from France and Australia.
This unique book brings together water professionals and academics involved for several decades in groundwater policy making, planning or operational management to reflect on their experience with developing and implementing groundwater management policy. The data and analysis presented accordingly makes a significant contribution to the empirical water management literature by providing novel, real world insights unpublished elsewhere.
The originality of the contributions also lies in the different disciplinary perspectives (hydrogeology, economics, planning and social sciences in particular) adopted in many chapters.
The book offers a unique comparative analysis of France, Australia and experiences in countries such as Chile and the US to identify similarities, but also fundamental differences, which are analysed and presented as alternative policy options – these differences being mainly related to the role of the state, the community and market mechanisms in groundwater management.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Sustainable Groundwater Management
- Book Subtitle A Comparative Analysis of French and Australian Policies and Implications to Other Countries
- Series Title Global Issues in Water Policy
- Series Abbreviated Title Global Issues in Water Policy
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-32766-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-32765-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-32768-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-32766-8
- Series ISSN 2211-0631
- Series E-ISSN 2211-0658
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 562
- Number of Illustrations 6 b/w illustrations, 143 illustrations in colour
Natural Resource and Energy Economics
Environmental Science and Engineering
Water Policy/Water Governance/Water Management
- Buy this book on publisher's site
“This book is definitely essential reading for groundwater scholars looking to advance their thinking about how groundwater overexploitation could be curbed.” (François Molle, water-alternatives.org, 2020)