About this book
This book presents new research on policy innovations that promote the development of the circular water economy. In contrast to the linear economy, the circular water economy promotes the reduction of water consumption, reuse of water, and recovery of resources from wastewater to not only increase resilience to climate change but also to reduce greenhouse gas emissions resulting from the provision of water and wastewater-related services. Providing a series of in-depth case studies of important locations in differing climates around the globe that have implemented a variety of policy innovations to develop the circular water economy, this book is a valuable resource for water and resource conservation managers, policymakers, international companies and organisations interested in the circular economy, environmental NGOs, researchers, as well as graduate and undergraduate students.
· Systematically reviews policy innovations to develop the circular water economy
· Illustrates how leading locations from around the world have developed the circular water economy to increase resilience to climate change while reducing emissions
· Provides ‘best practices’ for other locations around the world aiming to implement the circular water economy
Robert C. Brears is the author of Urban Water Security, The Green Economy and the Water-Energy-Food Nexus, Blue and Green Cities, Natural Resource Management and the Circular Economy, and Climate Resilient Water Resources Management. Robert is the founder of Our Future Water, Mark and Focus, and Mitidaption.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-32575-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Cham
- eBook Packages Social Sciences Social Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-32574-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-32575-6
- Series Print ISSN 2523-8124
- Series Online ISSN 2523-8132
- Buy this book on publisher's site