About this book
This book explores the relationship between the personality of political leaders, its interaction with top leadership positions and its impact on the respective parties' electoral performance and organization. It focuses on the less-investigated region of Eastern Europe and includes chapters on Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Poland, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia and Slovakia. Each chapter compares and contrasts two party leaders with at least two terms in office between 1991 and 2019. The book applies systematically a common theoretical and methodological framework across leaders and countries, thus providing rich empirical evidence.
Sergiu Gherghina is Lecturer in Comparative Politics at the Department of Politics, University of Glasgow, UK. His research interests lie in party politics, legislative and voting behavior, democratization, and the use of direct democracy.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-32025-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-32024-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-32025-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site