Table of contents
About this book
This book describes recent research findings on response and integrity of thick section composite and sandwich structures. In particular, it deals with these structures for marine applications under static and dynamic loads such as shock and slamming loads in severe sea environment including sea water, temperature extremes, hydrostatic pressure and Arctic conditions. Three-dimensional constitutive equations and failure criteria for structural response and integrity are considered.
The book serves as an excellent repository of major advances in research on response and integrity of composite and sandwich structures made through research grants sponsored by the U.S. Office of Naval Research in the past decade.
- Collects major advances in response and integrity research;
- Emphasizes phenomena within severe environments;
- Illustrates underwater fluid-structure interactions, shock/blast loads, and slamming loads.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Advances in Thick Section Composite and Sandwich Structures
- Book Subtitle An Anthology of ONR-sponsored Research
Sung W. Lee
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-31065-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-31064-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-31067-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-31065-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 664
- Number of Illustrations 115 b/w illustrations, 401 illustrations in colour
Ceramics, Glass, Composites, Natural Materials
Characterization and Evaluation of Materials
- Buy this book on publisher's site