Table of contents
About this book
This book provides an in-depth investigation on the psychological phenomenon "reactance“ in the context of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI). The author argues that the complexity and autonomy of modern technology can sometimes be overwhelming and can then be perceived as a threat to freedom by its users, thereby diminishing acceptance. The book investigates if and how this is the case and provides strategies to regain the lost acceptance. Topics include relevance of reactance on HCI, triggers for reactance, consequences of reactance, measurement of reactance, and countermeasures to reactance.
- Provides an analysis of the phenomenon of psychological reactance to technology in the context of HCI;
- Presents strategies to increase user acceptance of complicated or intimidating technology;
- Includes measurement tools for psychological reactance.
Psychological reactance human-computer interaction human-robot interaction anthropomorphism, anger negative cognitions intelligent personal assistants structural equation modeling
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-30310-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-30309-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-30310-5
- Series Print ISSN 2192-2810
- Series Online ISSN 2192-2829
- Buy this book on publisher's site