About this book
This successful textbook emphasizes the unified nature of all disciplines of Fluid Mechanics as they emerge from the general principles of continuum mechanics. The different branches of Fluid Mechanics, always originating from simplifying assumptions, are developed according to the basic rule: from the general to the specific.
The first part of the book contains a precise and coherent introduction into kinematics and the formulation of the laws of mechanics and thermodynamics. The second part consists of the methodical application of these principles to technology. This book is offered to engineers, physicists and applied mathematicians; it can be used for self-study, as well as in conjunction with a lecture course.
In this third edition additional comments are made, whenever necessary, to deepen the subject. Also, connecting remarks between the chapters are made to homogenize the book. As far as possible we eliminated the obvious typos. The index is expanded according to the text.
- Book Title Fluid Mechanics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-30259-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-30258-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-30261-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-30259-7
- Edition Number 3
- Number of Pages XIV, 589
- Number of Illustrations 237 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Power Electronics, Electrical Machines and Networks
Engineering Fluid Dynamics
- Buy this book on publisher's site