About this book
"A highly original addition to the growing literature on war and film, Kevin Flanagan's welcome new study ranges beyond the narrow confines of the 'war film' to consider how war imagery and narratives are present across a wide range of British genres. Flanagan proves himself a perceptive cultural critic with a wide-ranging knowledge and deep understanding of British cinema and television. He has produced a study that is thoughtful and thought-provoking in equal measure, and which is not afraid to challenge dominant myths and existing preconceptions."
James Chapman, Professor of Film Studies at the University of Leicester and editor of the Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-30203-0
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Literature, Cultural and Media Studies Literature, Cultural and Media Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-30202-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-30203-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site