About this book
Interfirm networks include franchising, retail and service chains, cooperatives, financial networks, joint ventures, strategic alliances, licensing, public-private partnerships and new network forms in the digital economy. This book gathers the latest research studies that approach these networks – and the creation of innovation under the conditions of a complex, dynamic, knowledge-intensive and digital economy – from an interdisciplinary perspective.
The studies, all of which were written by respected experts, explore how firms can improve their competitiveness by securing access to innovation, knowledge, complementary resources and capabilities otherwise not available to them. In addition, they highlight how, driven by an unpredictable environment, firms embedded in inter-organizational networks are increasingly transforming from co-operators to collaborators and valuable co-creators of innovation.
Economics of networks Retail and service chains research Joint ventures and strategic alliances Network formation in digital economy Public-private partnerships Cluster development in digital networks Interfirm network management
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-29245-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-29244-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-29245-4
- Series Print ISSN 1431-1941
- Series Online ISSN 2197-716X
- Buy this book on publisher's site