About this book
This book presents a comprehensive approach to the diagnostic evaluation of gastroparesis and the medical and surgical treatment options available for this disorder. The initial chapters address the different etiologies, pathophysiology and diagnostic evaluation of this disease. Medical management, nutritional support and co-morbid conditions are also discussed. Subsequent chapters focus on endoscopic and surgical options for management and the current outcomes data for these procedures. A brief review of the existing literature addressing the particular topic is included in each section.
Written by experts in the field, Gastroparesis covers each of these treatment sections that address patient selection, technical conduct and complications of the most common endoscopic procedures and operations, and anticipated outcomes of therapy.
gastric physiology dysautonomia Pyloromyotomy GERD cyclic vomiting
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-28929-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-28928-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-28929-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site