About this book
This Palgrave Pivot forms the final part of Andreff's trilogy reviewing the economic aspects of criminal behaviour in sports. In this volume, Andreff focuses on the most economically significant manipulations jeopardising the future of current, modern, sport: rigged online sport betting and doping. The former is framed as a new business undertaken by global criminal networks linked to economic globalisation, whilst the latter discusses empirical evidence, definitions, regulations and various regional and sporting case studies. Andreff summarises by using game theory to propose a new incentive scheme that could act as a solution for addressing such criminal activity in future.
Volumes I and II (available separately) address Sport Manipulations and Corruption in Sport respectively.
This book will be of interest to students, researchers and journalists in sports science, sports management and sports economics.
Economic crime in sport Human rights in sport Ethics in sport Globalisation of sport Online sport betting Doping in sport Sport integrity and credibility Match fixing Game theory in sports Fraudulent online sports betting and money laundering Sport governing bodies Surveillance and monitoring of online betting ‘Sportbet-Tobin’ tax Performance-enhancing drugs
- Book Title An Economic Roadmap to the Dark Side of Sport
- Book Subtitle Volume III: Economic Crime in Sport
- Series Title Palgrave Pivots in Sports Economics
- Series Abbreviated Title Palgrave Pivots in Sports Economics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-28615-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-28614-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-28617-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-28615-6
- Series ISSN 2662-6438
- Series E-ISSN 2662-6446
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 123
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Sociology of Sport and Leisure
- Buy this book on publisher's site