About this book
This practically-focused textbook provides a concise and accessible introduction to the field of software testing, explaining the fundamental principles and offering guidance on applying the theory in an industrial environment.
Topics and features:
- Presents a brief history of software quality and its influential pioneers, as well as a discussion of the various software lifecycles used in software development
- Describes the fundamentals of testing in traditional software engineering, and the role that static testing plays in building quality into a product
- Explains the process of software test planning, test analysis and design, and test management
- Discusses test outsourcing, and test metrics and problem solving
- Reviews the tools available to support software testing activities, and the benefits of a software process improvement initiative
- Examines testing in the Agile world, and the verification of safety critical systems
- Considers the legal and ethical aspects of software testing, and the importance of software configuration management
- Provides key learning topics and review questions in every chapter, and supplies a helpful glossary at the end of the book
This easy-to-follow guide is an essential resource for undergraduate students of computer science seeking to learn about software testing, and how to build high quality and reliable software on time and on budget. The work will also be of interest to industrialists including software engineers, software testers, quality professionals and software managers, as well as the motivated general reader.
Dr. Gerard O'Regan is a CMMI software process improvement consultant with research interests including software quality and software process improvement, mathematical approaches to software quality, and the history of computing. He is the author of such Springer textbooks as Concise Guide to Formal Methods, Concise Guide to Software Engineering, Guide to Discrete Mathematics, and Introduction to Software Quality.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-28494-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-28493-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-28494-7
- Series Print ISSN 1863-7310
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1781
- Buy this book on publisher's site