About this book
This book is based on Valery Zagrebaev's original papers and lecture materials on nuclear physics with heavy ions, which he prepared and extended through many years for the students of nuclear physics specialties.
Thе book outlines the main experimental facts on nuclear reactions involving heavy ions at low energies. It focuses on discussions of nuclear physics processes that are a subject of active, modern research and it gives illustrative explanations of these phenomena in the framework of up-to-date theoretical concepts.
This textbook is intended for students in physics who have completed a standard course of quantum mechanics and have basic ideas of nuclear physics processes.
It is designed as a kind of lifeboat that, at the end of the course, will allow students to navigate the modern scientific literature and to understand the goals and objectives of current, on-going research.
Nucleus-nucleus interaction Elastic and inelastic nuclear scattering Few-nucleon transfer reactions Deep-inelastic collisions Fusion of atomic nuclei Synthesis of super-heavy nuclei
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Heavy Ion Reactions at Low Energies
- Series Title Lecture Notes in Physics
- Series Abbreviated Title Lect Notes Phys
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-27217-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-27216-6
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-27217-3
- Series ISSN 0075-8450
- Series E-ISSN 1616-6361
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 148
- Number of Illustrations 29 b/w illustrations, 51 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information ??????? ??????? ? ???????? ?????? by ????????? ?.?., © V.I. Zagrebaev 2016, ISBN 978-5-9530-0435-0. Published by Joint Institute for Nuclear Research. All Rights Reserved.
Nuclear Physics, Heavy Ions, Hadrons
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Energy, Utilities & Environment