Table of contents
About this book
This book presents the latest advances in karstology by researchers at the ZRC SAZU Karst Research Institute, Slovenia – home of Classical Karst. It features interdisciplinary investigations carried out on the karst surface, subsurface, caves, and associated waters.
It covers various topics, such as analysis of karst processes, including the mineralogical and lithological characteristics of sediments and carbonate rocks; structural geological mapping; detecting the old traces of paleokarst; the formation of karst surfaces in a variety of types of rock and conditions; and the evolution of karst, which can aid in dating sediments, and in tracing aquifers using artificial and natural tracers.
In addition, the book provides detailed information on the use and development of various research methods, ranging from comprehensive field research, long-term measurements, and laboratory analyses to computer and laboratory modeling. Integrating karst geology, geomorphology, hydrology, ecology, speleobiology, and microbiology research, these methods provide readers with a far deeper understanding of karst terrains.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Karstology in the Classical Karst
- Series Title Advances in Karst Science
- Series Abbreviated Title Advances in Karst Science
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-26827-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-26826-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-26829-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-26827-5
- Series ISSN 2511-2066
- Series E-ISSN 2511-2082
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 222
- Number of Illustrations 30 b/w illustrations, 165 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site